Do you find yourself spending too much time on certain websites? Do you want to block those websites so that you can focus on more important things? If so, you’re in luck! There are a few simple ways to block websites on iPhones.
In this post, we’ll show you how to block websites on iPhone using both built-in features and third-party apps. We’ll also give you some tips on how to use website blockers effectively.
How to Block a Website on iPhone?
Blocking websites on an iPhone can be a helpful way to protect yourself and your children from inappropriate content, reduce distractions, and improve your productivity. There are two main ways to block websites on an iPhone: using Screen Time and using a third-party app.
Using Screen Time
Screen Time is a built-in feature on iPhones that allows you to set limits on how much time you spend on certain apps and websites. You can also use Screen Time to block specific websites.
To block a website using Screen Time, follow these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Screen Time.
- Tap Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- Enter your Screen Time passcode or use Face ID or Touch ID.
- Tap Content Restrictions.
- Tap Web Content.
- Select Limit Adult Websites or Allowed Websites.
- If you select Limit Adult Websites, websites that are considered to be adult content will be blocked.
- If you selected Allowed Websites, only the websites that you add to the list will be allowed.
- To add a website to the list, tap Add Website and enter the URL of the website.
- Tap Done.
Using a third-party app
There are also a number of third-party apps that can be used to block websites on an iPhone. Some popular options include:
These apps typically work by creating a blocklist of websites that you want to block. Once the blocklist is created, the app will prevent you from accessing those websites on any browser on your iPhone.
To block a website using a third-party app, follow the instructions that come with the app.
Which method should you use?
Which method you choose to block websites on your iPhone depends on your individual needs and preferences.
If you want to block a specific website for a short period of time, such as while you are studying or working, then using a third-party app may be the best option.
If you want to block websites for an extended period of time, or if you want to set limits on how much time you spend on certain websites, then using Screen Time may be the better option.
Tips for blocking websites
Here are a few tips for blocking websites on your iPhone:
- Create a strong Screen Time passcode or Face ID or Touch ID authentication. This will prevent others from changing your Screen Time settings or unblocking websites.
- Use a third-party app with a password or fingerprint protection feature. This will prevent others from uninstalling the app or unblocking websites.
- Consider blocking websites at the router level. This will block websites on all devices that are connected to your router.
- Talk to your children about why you are blocking certain websites and help them understand the importance of internet safety.
By blocking websites on your iPhone, you can protect yourself and your children from inappropriate content, reduce distractions, and improve your productivity.
How to Block Any Website on an iPhone?
Are you tired of constant distractions from certain websites while you’re trying to work or study on your iPhone? In this article, we’ll demonstrate how to block any website on your iPhone to help you stay focused and on track.
Whether you want to block social media sites, news sites, or any other type of website, we’ve got you covered. We’ll walk you through the steps to block websites using the built-in content blocker in Safari, as well as how to use third-party applications to block websites on your iPhone.
So when you’re ready to take control of your online distractions, be sure to watch this video!
If you want to block certain websites on your iPhone, this video guide is for you and will show you why you can blog websites on your iPhone. So without wasting any more of your time, let’s get started.
Block Specific Website on Safari
How do you block certain websites in Safari? Follow these simple tips:
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Scroll to and tap Screen Time.
- Tap on Content and Privacy Restrictions.
- and then turn the toggle on for the option.
- Now select Content Restrictions and then
- Tap on Web Content and select the Limit Added Websites option.
- Tap on Add Website Under the Never Allow option.
- and then add the URL of the website you want to block.
Now the website you have added will be blocked on your iPhone. So that’s it. I hope now you will be able to block websites on your iPhone. If you found it helpful, don’t forget to share and comment for more.
How to Block Adult Content on iPhone?
Go to Settings and tap Screen Time. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode. Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content. Choose unrestricted access, limit adult websites, or allow websites.
How do I block websites on Safari iPhone?
Follow these steps to block a website in Safari on your iPhone: 1. Go to Settings > Screen Time. 2. Tap Content and Privacy Restrictions. 3. Toggle on Content and Privacy Restrictions. 4. Tap Add Website under Never Allow. 5. Type the URL of the website and tap Done to save.
We also want to remind you that blocking websites is just one way to improve your productivity. There are many other things you can do, such as setting goals, prioritizing your tasks, and taking breaks.
We hope this post has been helpful! If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.