Car insurance is a type of insurance that covers the financial losses or damages caused by accidents, theft, fire, natural disasters, or other risks involving a car. In Bangladesh, car insurance is mandatory for all car owners as per the Motor Vehicles Ordinance 1983. There are different types of car insurance policies available in Bangladesh, such as:
Third-party liability insurance: This is the minimum level of insurance required by law. It covers the legal liability for death, injury, or property damage to third parties caused by the insured car. However, it does not cover any damage to the insured car or its occupants.
Comprehensive insurance: This is a higher level of insurance that covers both third-party liability and own damage to the insured car and its accessories. It also covers loss or damage caused by fire, explosion, theft, riot, strike, earthquake, flood, cyclone, etc. Some comprehensive policies may also offer additional benefits such as roadside assistance, cashless claim settlement, no claim bonus, etc.
Personal accident cover: This is an optional cover that provides compensation for death or bodily injury to the driver or passengers of the insured car due to an accident. The amount of compensation depends on the extent of the injury and the amount of insurance chosen.
Various insurance companies in Bangladesh offer car insurance with different premium rates, terms, and conditions, as well as coverage options. Some of the best car insurance companies in Bangladesh are:
Global Insurance Ltd.: This is one of the leading private-sector general insurance companies in Bangladesh. It offers comprehensive and third-party liability insurance for cars with competitive premium rates and fast claim settlement. It also provides online policy issuance and renewal services through its website.
Prime Insurance Company Ltd.: This is another reputed private sector general insurance company in Bangladesh. It offers comprehensive and third-party liability insurance for cars with flexible coverage options and attractive discounts. It also provides online policy purchase and payment facilities through its website.
Green Delta Insurance: This is the largest private sector non-life insurance company in Bangladesh. It offers comprehensive and third-party liability insurance for cars with innovative features and benefits such as a digital driver, finder device, autonomous GPS tracker, etc. It also provides online policy application and claims services through its website and mobile app.
To compare and find the best car insurance deals in Bangladesh, you can use online platforms such as Bimafy or Infoisinfo, which provide information and quotes from different insurance companies. You can also contact the insurance companies directly or visit their branches or agents for more details.
Top 8 car insurance companies in Bangladesh
Car insurance is compulsory in Bangladesh. If you own a car, then you need to have 1st or 3rd party insurance to drive on the road. Here are the top 8 car insurance companies in Bangladesh.
1. Sadharan Bima Corporation
Bangladesh’s government owns Sadharan Bima Corporation. It is the one and only state-owned non-life insurance company in Bangladesh under the Ministry of Finance. It is located in Dilkusha, Motijheel, Dhaka.
- Head Office: 33 Dilkusha Commercial Area, Dhaka-1000 Bangladesh
- Email: Info@sbc.gov.bd
- Phone: 8802-9572277
- Fax: 8802-9564197
2. Green Delta Insurance Co. Ltd:
It is a private car and auto insurance company in Bangladesh. Green Delta Insurance Company Limited (GDIC) is one of the leading private non-life insurance companies in Bangladesh. GDIC was incorporated on December 14, 1985, as a public limited company, under the Companies Act 1913, and its operation started on January 1, 1986, with a paid-up capital of BDT 30.00 million.
- Contact: Green Delta Insurance Company, Ltd.
- Green Delta Aims Tower (6th Floor), 51-52 Mohakhali, Dhaka-1212
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: +880 9613444888, +880 29851170, +880 29851902, +880 29851124,
- Website: http://www.green-delta.com/
3. Pioneer Insurance Co. Ltd.:
Pioneer Insurance Company Limited, sponsored and founded in 1996, is a publicly traded company with shares with an authorized capital of Tk. 1 billion (USD 12.50 million) and a paid-up capital of Tk. 699.81 million (USD 8.75 million). The Company is enlisted with the Dhaka Stock Exchange and the Chittagong Stock Exchange and has been declaring dividends every year since its inception. The Company has been assigned “AAA” by Alpha Credit Rating Limited (Alpha Rating) Bangladesh.
- Pioneer Insurance Company Limited:
- Head Office: Rangs Babylonia (5th Floor), 246, Bir Uttam Mir Shawkat Sarak, Tejgaon, Dhaka-1208
- Tel: 8878901(Hunt),
- Fax: 8878913, 8878914,
- E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com.
- Important Email addresses of the head office
- Consultant: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
- D.M.D & Company Secretary: email@example.com
- Deputy Managing Director: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- D.M.D (Finance): firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chief Financial Officer: email@example.com
- H.R: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accounts Department: email@example.com
- H.R Department: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Branch Control: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Underwriting Department: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- IT & Share: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Claims Department: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Reinsurance Department: email@example.com
4. Desh General Insurance Company Ltd.
A leading Non-Life Insurance Company in Bangladesh, Desh General Insurance Company Limited was incorporated as a Public Limited Company and commenced its operation in the same year. Desh Insurance transacts all classes of non-life insurance business in Bangladesh. For the last few years, Desh General Insurance Company Limited, from the very moment of its emergence, has shown excellence in all its services for its stakeholders.
5. Bangladesh General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Established in 1985 as the first general insurance company in the private sector, BGIC has since substantially developed with all the strengths and details prudently essential to an insurance company.
- Head Office: 42, Dilkusha C/A Motijheel Dhaka
- Phone : +88-02-9555073-4, +88-02-9563056-8
- Managing Director: +88-02-9585630
- P.S. to MD: +88-02-9550379
- Fax: +88-02-9564212
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- MD Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.bgicinsure.com
6. Bangladesh National Insurance Co. Ltd
Bangladesh National Insurance Company Limited (BNIC) was incorporated in Bangladesh as a public limited company on May 21, 1996, under the Companies Act of 1994 and licensed under the Insurance Act of 1938 in order to run all types of general insurance businesses other than life insurance businesses. It obtained a certificate of commencement of business on June 1, 1996. It got registration from the Controller of Insurance on June 18, 1996. Presently, the Company operates its business through 28 branches and one local office. The branches are located in different strategically important areas of the country.
- Rashid Tower (3rd floor), House No. 11, Road No. 18, Gulshan-1, Dhaka-1212, Bangladesh.
- Phone: 8832234-5, 8832215, 8832217, 8832227, 8832162, 88-02-8832154, 88-02-8832139
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Web: http://www.bnicl.net
Shareholders may communicate with the Share Department for any query through:
- Phone: 883 2234-5, 883 2215, 883 2217, or 883 2227,
- Fax: 88-02-8832154,
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adrees: Rashid Tower (3rd Floor), Plot 11, Road 18, Gulshan 1, Dhaka 1212, Bangladesh.
The name and cell number of the concerned officer are as follows: Mr. Md. Talha Islam: 01713 013710
7. Continental Insurance Ltd.
Shebai Adorsho: With this view, Continental Insurance Limited is one of the leading private-sector General Insurance companies in Bangladesh. It started its operation on December 12, 1999, following all the formalities given by the government of Bangladesh. Since its inception, this company has been creating its image in the insurance business arena. For its extraordinary performances, this Company has already secured its place among the top 5 out of 45 private sector General Insurance Companies as of 2014 (As per BIA records).
You can contact us in a number of ways:
- By Telephone: PABX: 880-2-8170178, 8170325, 8170331, 8170275, 9119727
- Company Secretary: 01713370149
- By email: email@example.com
- By Fax: 880-2-8170180
- website: www.cilbd.com
- Continental Insurance Limited
- Head Office
- Ideal Trade Center (7th Floor)
- 102, Shahid Tajuddin Ahmed Sarani
- Tejgaon, Dhaka-1208, Bangladesh.
8. Dhaka Insurance Ltd.
Dhaka Insurance Limited was incorporated and commenced its business on January 4, 2000, as an insurance company. Its head office is located in Dhaka. The company was listed on Dhaka Stock Exchange and Chittagong Stock Exchange in 2010.
Dhaka Insurance Ltd. was incorporated on January 4, 2000, commenced business on the same day, and registered for general insurance business on February 2, 2000.
- 115/7-A, Distillery Road, Gandaria, Dhaka
- Dhaka Insurance Bhaban, 71, Purana Paltan Line, Dhaka-1000
- Tel: 58316139-43,58316146,58316147,58316148
- Fax: 880-2-58316144-5,
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Website URL: www.dhakainsurancebd.com
- MABS & J Partners.
- Chartered Accountants
- 21, Purana Paltan Line(4th & 7th Floor) Dhaka-1000